Monday, October 31, 2011

"Legends are born in October" -Baseball World Series Quote

It seems like God tends to enjoy displaying His power and glory by using average people to do extraordinary things. He loves a good underdog story. After all, He used a small shepard boy named David to defeat a giant warrior and He used Gideon to lead a tiny army to a huge victory.

I've just had one of those experiences where the only possible expalaniation to my underdog victory is simply God's graceful awesomeness. Let me explain:

Bobsledding is set up kind of like baseball. Just like professional baseball has the minor leagues, bobsledding has the Americas Cup. Then you have Major League Baseball which is an entirely different ballgame, and the equivilent to MLB in bobsledding is the World Cup.

It didnt seem like there was a chance in the world for me to make the World Cup Team this season. Especially considering that I am viewed as the smallest and weakest athlete in the womens bobsled program. So when I was asked to go on the Americas Cup tour after Push Championships in September, I said YES! I was pretty stoked about it. Heck, I even quit my job for it.

But I wanted more. When I came to Lake Placid for Team Trials in early October I decided not to accept the expectations set for me. I knew I wasn't going to have many chances to prove myself and that when my opportunity came I had to make every moment count.  Afterall, I had nothing to loose.

I made the most of my opportunities, and praise the Lord, I was moved up to the National World Cup Team! The only possible explanation for all of this is God. Its all because of His grace and I truely believe He has placed me on this team for a reason. According to the bobsled world, I was not supposed to be on the National Team this season. However one thing is for sure, you can expect the unexpected with God.

There is still a long road ahead. The dream is not finisished and there is still work to be done. I don't know how long or far this bobsled road will last, but as long as I'm following Christ it will be an amazing adventure.





If you've seen the movie "The Rookie" then you've basically heard my story.  Just like in the movie, I was a coach who taught my athletes to dream big. Then I left my girls for my dreams. I just pray that others are motivated by my experience.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful testimony!! I believe God knew you would be share Him with others!!

    ReplyDelete