Sunday, May 20, 2012

I live in church...


Just being on the National Bobsled Team is not enough to be guaranteed housing at the Olympic Training Center, crazy I know. There is a long process that the USBSF and USOC go through to allocate housing. The date athletes were supposed to be notified about housing keeps getting pushed back time and time again, kinda makes athletes like me loose some faith and trust in our sports governing body. Meanwhile, summer training started back up on May 14th, and there was still no word on housing. But fear not, God had/has a plan!

A teammate and I are temporarily living out of the basement of Lake Placid Baptist Church! It has been awesome to say the least. One of the things I really wanted to do this summer was to get involved with a local body of believers and now it is impossible not to. We wake up every morning in kids sunday school room and are always meeting new people around the church. It has been such a blessing so far and added a much needed dynamic to my life in Lake Placid. However, we would really like to get into the training center so prayers are much appreciated.

P.S. We even wrote a song called "I live in church". Lower case "c"of course - because thankfully the Church is not confined to a building :) Stay tuned for the world premiere of our musical awesomeness!



No comments:

Post a Comment