Thursday, April 12, 2012

California!

I left the frozen tundra of New York and headed straight for sunny Southern California! I cant think of a better way to cap off a bobsled season. I can always use a little SoCal in my life. Plus, I need to see my little sister as much as possible before she moves to a  far off top secret land to be a long-term missionary.


The Bower family was kind enough to let me stay at their house. They are one of the coolest families I have ever met and they do an awesome job of living out the Gospel. We went to visit Jeremy at the fire station!






I heart LA! So my sister and I went
 downtown to walk around Olvera Street, 
China Town, and my absolute
 favorite - Skid Row! 









It wouldn't be a good trip to Cali without some surfing!!!







I may or may not have had 6 In-N-Out burgers on my 6 day trip :)

One of the best parts of the trip was hanging out with the people of Cornerstone Community Church. I got to tarp surf with the high school group, bust out into worship songs in the middle of an EBC class, attend the Good Friday service, and hang out with one of the Simi Community groups. It was so spiritually refreshing to be back in that environment for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment